To maintain a harmonious home, Heidelmann has some established House Rules.
- After 11:00 pm. there shall be “quiet time” wherein all members and guests will show consideration and will avoid disturbing others. The caretaker may designate a “responsible” member to lock up, turn off lights, and generally ready the lodge for closing for the night.
- Members and accompanied guests may use the members’ room. Before closing the room for the night, those using the room are responsible to:
- clean and restore the room to order
- keep the fireplace screened at all times
- securely lock all windows
- A member or guest who leaves the lodge expecting to return after 11:00 pm must obtain the combination for the front door from the caretaker before leaving.
- Anyone arriving after 11:00 pm should be quiet as possible and use only a flashlight. The shaded dormitory lights should only be used when absolutely necessary and must be turned off before retiring.
- SMOKING is NOT permitted in the lodge.
- The music system is to be used at the discretion of the caretaker or an appropriate member.
- Upon request of the caretaker or by a Heidelmann Lodge Committee (HLC) member, members and their guests shall assist in the cleaning and/or maintenance of the lodge.
- It is the responsibility of members to familiarize their guest(s) with the House Rules. Parents are advised to instruct their children to follow the House Rules and to obey the caretaker.
- Any member or guest who willfully violates the House Rules may be subject to disciplinary action by HLC.
- Any nighttime showers by members or guests must be taken before 10:00 pm.
- Bathing of young children must be done under parental supervision.
- Members and guests must be quiet at the dormitory level before 9:00 am and after 9:00 pm.
- Personal belongings must not be spread on adjoining areas or other beds.
- Members and guests are not permitted to use alarm clocks or cell phones in the dorms.
- Radios and all other listening devices may only be played while wearing headphones.
Priority goes to: Members with youngest child under 4 years old or sick individuals.